04. 10. 2008.

Cry me a river

I'm feeling a bit lazy today. Actually, I'm bloody tired and I didn't practise singing which has me in a bit of a crappy mood. Singing is the drug that gets me through the day - without it, I'm a complete wreck. Thank God, my dear friend Davor came over tonight which cheered me up immensely. We had a bit of my crappy cake and coffee and talked the legs off numerous chairs. Thanks for the great time Davor!

I was fiddling round on YouTube yesterday, looking for something I hadn't heard from Lady Ella and came across this. This is such a gem, I couldn't resist posting it. Don't get this sort of stuff anymore - just Ella and Joe Pass' guitar and nothing else. Except brilliance, beauty, emotion, class. No high tech production, no playback. Cried me a river listening to it. Man, I would give numerous appendages to be able to sing like this...

God bless ya Ella, hope you're singing up a storm in the clouds with ol' Satchmo!

3 komentara:

redgrevillea kaže...

Cry me a river?? ....countin' down broadband....5 weeks to go perhaps!!

The Knitting Songbird kaže...

Yup, cry me a river...it's just sooo beautiful...I can't wait for you to get broadbean so you can enjoy YouTube as much as I do!

redgrevillea kaže...

Magnifico!! (at a friend's computer, another housemind!)