10. 02. 2009.

There is a flower...I think he has tamed me...

I have a rose in my garden
unlike any other.
And although it may not
seem extraordinary
to others
to me it is.

Despite the fact
that some of its petals are shrivelling,
some fallen,
its stem is bent and arched over,
there are leaves missing,
despite all this,
I love my rose
above all others.

I have had this rose
for almost 17 years.
I have watched it grow,
change with the seasons,
wither, die, to be born again,
year after year.

I sometimes forget to water it,
sometimes to put a glass dome over it
at night,
sometimes let the sheep graze at it
a little.
But each time I allow this to happen
I do my best
to repair the damage,
to nurse it back to health.

I have seen many roses in my time,
many, many roses,
all beautiful,
perhaps more beautiful than mine,
but I love my rose above all others
for it is unique.
It is unique
because it is I,
I,
who tamed it.
And he who tamed
me.

Broj komentara: 6:

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

I send fresh water of friendship for you to put beside that rose.

The Knitting Songbird kaže...

Thanks Diablo!

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

Just a funny thing.
I've found a place where you can hear El Principito (The little prince)in Spanish and I've thought of you.
Just in case you fancy like hearing how it sounds (it's South American accent but such curious thing)

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

Ooops, impossible without the direction:

http://tonnerredebrest.blogspot.com/2009/02/el-principito-en-ivoox.html

The Knitting Songbird kaže...

Thanks again Diablo! Will listen to it tomorrow night. I'm at Sting's and Karamazov's concert which is just about to begin :)

Btw, when will you post "Nature Boy" on YouTube? I'd really love to hear your father singing it...

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

Ha ha ha. Of course I'll do it. But please, dont think of him as a singer, he's just dedicating a song to his grandson. He could have done it better but did not any effort in that recording. Anyway I'd like you to see it.

Enjoy the concerts!!