12. 02. 2009.

Hir trust hir doubt, like raine and heat in Skies, Gently thundring, she lightning to mine eies.

I am awash with tears and emotion. Today the universe spoke to me. And I like what I heard. It spoke of new plans, of new horizons, of stepping stones.

See, I went to a concert held by Sting and Edin Karamazov tonight. And while there, on my own, listening to Sting sing Dowland, the Beatles, Vaughan-Williams and others, and Edin accompany him maginificently on his lute, I heard words that I had not heard before, the coming together of two worlds - the old and the new, the classical and the modern, the contemporary voice and the ancient didgeridoo.

There is another component to this story. I made a friend recently, a friend who I believe can open up new horizons for me, both musically and spiritually. That is, if, as he says, I believe and take the journey that the universe is beckoning I take, one step at a time. I hope I can. I believe I can.

Broj komentara: 5:

redgrevillea kaže...

Hmmm, interesting! More about this new friend please!!! ...but only if you feel like discussing..

Sting is one of my favourite bass players. In fact, for all of the man's gifts, I believe his bass playing is his strongest talent, marginally stronger than his songwriting or narration (have you read his bio?)

The Knitting Songbird kaže...

I will dicuss more when the time is right, maybe after the first step is taken. That'll hopefully - if my voice recuperates by then! - be in late February. As the French would say, on verra...

I haven't read Sting's bio but would like to when I get a bit of time - I believe he has many gifts too.

I just wanna add how upset I was last night after reading some reviews on the net of his CD "Songs from the Labyrinth"which I've had for some time. People seem to want to put down anything that is different or new just for the sake of it - I actually believe they're jealous in a way 'cause it's something most people don't have the capacity to do. I loved the CD the moment I heard it and say kudos to Sting for taking such a plunge.

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

I know by intuition that you are a very spiritual person who treasures the good things life puts in your way.
That's a very good quality I admire.
Be very very happy

JuanRa Diablo kaže...

I hope you are alright. I'm still coming to your blog to know about you.

The Knitting Songbird kaže...

I'm allright Diablo, just been extremely, extremely busy. Unfortunately, there have been too few hours in the day for me of late. Will write a post either today or tonight. And I'll hopefully catch up with your blog over the weekend :)

Take care dear friend, thinking of you!